Emergency Room Errors
When a serious and unexpected injury occurs, our first inclination is usually to head to the emergency room. The ER provides us with the best opportunity to minimize the lasting effects of an injury. We assume that the emergency room is up to the standards we would expect from a health care facility. In reality, whether it is up to standards or not, the ER is usually the best we can do for immediate care. However, the ER is not always ready to provide the level of care that we would hope and there are several reason for this. If you or someone you love has experienced an emergency room error please contact our offices today at 800-242-2874.
Why Emergency Rooms Do Not Always Provide Expert Care
The reasons that ERs are not always prepared to provide the best care possible can be frustrating to the common citizen because they are all issues that can be easily fixed. The following list highlights some of these issues:
- There are not always an appropriate amount of doctors staffed in the emergency room
- The doctors that are on duty are often tired and overworked
- The facilities that are available to doctors are not always adequate–sometimes there isn’t enough room to handle the number of patients coming in
- The facilities are not always sanitary, leading to injury complications
- The ER is not always ethical in how they handle patients
- Doctors are sometimes careless and negligent
Share Your Story With Us
As a result of the long list of problems that can be found in emergency rooms, errors can easily occur. Unfortunately, these errors can lead directly to adverse patient effects and potentially to death. If you or someone you know has fallen victim to an emergency room error, you should contact a lawyer, as you might be able to recover damages for your injuries. To get more information or to schedule an initial consultation, contact the Wausau personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874.