Safety at the Lake
Every summer, millions of Americans visit lakes and other bodies of water to cool down from the hot weather and enjoy the many activities that these environments can provide. Even though this can be very enjoyable, it is important to understand the risks associated with visiting these destinations. That way, you can have a great time on your vacation while still being responsible for your personal safety.
Though there are certain steps you and your family can take to make sure you stay safe while enjoying a natural body of water, sometimes accidents may happen that are not your fault. If you are involved in an accident because of the negligent behavior of another party, you may be able to bring your case to court for possible financial compensation. To learn more, contact the Wausau personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874.
Important Safety Tips
The following list outlines some vital safety tips to review before visiting a lake, river or ocean:
- Never use a water craft or engage in water sports while intoxicated. Not only is it illegal, but it can be extremely dangerous.
- Always wear a life jacket and have appropriate safety equipment on your boat or water craft.
- Learn to swim and learn basic water rescue techniques.
- Make sure to only dive in appropriate areas or check water depth before jumping.
- Keep your boat in optimal working condition and make sure all proper maintenance has been performed.
- Keep an eye on your children and do not allow them to operate a water craft.
With Wisconsin’s location in between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi river, it is important for all citizens to review the above tips before visiting one of these environments. That way, you can protect yourself, your family, and other water enthusiasts from harm.
If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident and would like to pursue legal representation, contact the Wausau personal injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874.