The human body is designed to protect itself from external forces that may cause injury or illness, and one of the most vulnerable locations is the brain. The skull is a thick bone structure intended to protect the brain tissue, membranes, and blood vessels from harm. Unfortunately, in traumatic accidents, even this line of protection is in danger. Skull fractures are a dangerous form of injury and can lead to further health complications for victims.
If you or someone you love suffered a skull fracture due to the negligent actions of another individual or entity, it is important that you understand your options for pursuing justice. For a free legal consultation, contact the Wausau personal injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, at 800-242-2874.
Types of Skull Fractures
There are many types of skull fracture, but all of them can put the brain in significant danger. The location of the break and the type of trauma that caused the injury typically define the designation of the skull fracture. These include:
- Basilar- this type of injury is a break in the bones at the base of the skull.
- Linear- this most common type of break is typically a straight and small fracture that can occur anywhere on the skull.
- Diastatic- this type of fracture widens the areas where the skull is fused together and affects young children and the elderly more than others.
- Depressed- this fracture is an indention in the skull where a trauma occurred and can be very dangerous to the delicate tissue near the injury site.
- Growing- occurs when the brain develops a cystic mass underneath an existing fracture, expanding it further.
If you or someone you love has been a victim of a traumatic accident due to the careless behavior of a negligent individual, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact the Wausau personal injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, at 800-242-2874 to speak to a knowledgeable legal representative about your case.