Resume for Jason Knutson
Admitted to Bar
- 2000 Wisconsin and U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2000 (cum laude)
- University of Wisconsin — Madison, B.A. Philosophy, 1994 (Waller Scholarship winner)
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Law Related Education Committee 2007-2009; Media Law Relations Committee 2006-2007
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Membership Committee, 2003-2008
- American Association for Justice
- Dane County Bar Association, Long Range Planning Chair, Mediation Committee, 2003-2007
- Inns of Court James E. Doyle Chapter, Executive Committee
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- Legal Writing Institute
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- Boys and Girls Club of Dane County
- Dane County Case Mediation Program, Volunteer Mediator
- Woodland Montessori School, President Board of Directors, 2004-2008
Publications and Presentations
- Speaker, “The ABCs of a Typical Auto Accident case and Automobile Insurance Basics.” Reeseville Chamber of Commerce. July 2011.
- Speaker, “Preparing a Case for Civil Trial.” University of Wisconsin Law School Lawyering Skills Course. March 2011.
- Speaker, “Advanced Trial Practice.” Litigation Training Program. November 2010.
- Speaker, “Ten Tips for Litigation Preparation.” MAPA Presentation. November 2010.
- Speaker, “Deposing Experts.” Litigation Training Program. July 2010.
- Commenter, “Attorneys voice concern over text message ban.” Wisconsin Law Journal. May 2010.
- Commenter, “New law boosts penalties for those who scam elderly.” Wisconsin State Journal. May 2010.
- Commenter, “PI firm focuses on bike injury cases.” Wisconsin Law Journal. April 2010.
- Speaker, “Litigating to Win Through Advanced Trial Advocacy.” National Business Institute CLE Seminar. Winter 2008.
- Commenter, “Suit is ok’d in stadium death.” Madison.com. June 2008.
- Author, “Preparing the Personal Injury Plaintiff for Mediation.” Wisconsin Lawyer. Volume 80:8. Aug. 2007.
- Speaker, “Auto Insurance: Uninsured, Underinsured and Accident Litigation in Wisconsin.” Lorman CLE Seminar. Summer 2007.
- Speaker, “Preparing for Mediation and Arbitration.” MAPA presentation. Summer 2007.
- Speaker, “Loose Metadata Can Sink Ships.” CLE presentation. Fall 2006.
- Speaker, “Ethics Questions and Answers for the Litigator.” CLE presentation. Fall 2006.
- Speaker, “Skillfully Handling Motor Vehicle Accidents from Start to Finish.” Lorman CLE Seminar. Spring 2006.
- Author, “Risking Home Equity in the Stock Market.” The Verdict. Volume 28:1. Winter 2005.
- Speaker, “Preparing for Litigation.” WATL Litigation Seminar. Fall 2005.
- Speaker, “The Ethics of Representing Both Sides of the Insurer/Insured Fence.” CLE presentation. Fall 2004.
- Author, “Unsuitable Investment Claims 101.” The Verdict. Volume 27:3. Summer 2004.
- Speaker, “New Lawyer Challenges.” WATL Young Lawyers Division, Courtroom to Classroom. Spring 2004.
- Speaker, “Punitive Damages in Drunk Driving Cases.” WATL Tort & Technique CLE Update. Fall 2003.
Awards and Honors
- Named a ‘Rising Star’ by Milwaukee Magazine and Superlawyers 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Rated 10/10 ‘Superb’ by Avvo.com
- Awarded highest possible rating based on years of practice by Martindale Hubbell
- Aviation, Private Pilot License 1989
- Three time marathon finisher
- Art History
- Mr. Knutson practices in the Madison office.